Sunday, March 9, 2008

Alone in the Woods

I dont know, but sometimes I just like to be alone. Near my house in Pennsylvania there is an area inside the woodsthat seems calm and nice to just sit and relax.

Maybe a footballs field length into the woods after a steep drop there is a pathway cutout from ATV use but its rare to see them. There is a stream that follows the path and a tree next to the stream hanging over it that seems nice just sit and think. Then if you follow the path of ATVs it stops or at leasy you should since its takes a very steep drop and off to the left going down is fallen trees and jagged rocks and the stream entering out over some of it and then on the otherside there is a wall of rocks with water coming down it.

Now if you head in the complete opposite maybe about 5 football fields away the forest gets extremely thick all of a sudden maybe because they are different trees. Off to the right before the forest is a giant sink hole which I through my former friend into when there was snow in it. Off to the far left before the forest gets thick is a hill to go up that leads deeper into the forest and there is a flat meadow at the top of the mountain in the woods. And then you start to see signs telling you to go back and leave because we are on a gun range. Oh well.

I dont know, sometimes I just wish I was there, and I wish my dog didnt run into every direction so that I can sit and relax with her and not have to chase her. Oh yeah there are bears, deer and cougers in there but I never saw one. I did see something else though.




No comments: