Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blue Harvest

This week I watched Family Guy Blue Harvest a Star Wars spoof. I was hysterical laughing, unfortunately not throughout the whole thing but at bits and peaces which is good enough for me. I noticed unfortunately that it is only really funny to those who have seen Episode IV enough times to recall what should happen and what Family Guy is making fun of. I didnt mind but I can understand why my dad fell asleep when he watched it.It also helps to watch Family Guy enough times to know all the characters to understand how they blended the Family Guy characters into Star Wars.

I noticed while watching many Family Guy episodes that it is almost like a clip show due to all the references they make and then cutting from the main story to show that reference. Throughout the seasons Family Guy has made many references to Star Wars and mini clips which is how Blue Harvest came about. Basically it was "Why dont we just do a whole Episode on it?" and thats what happened. of course they did get George Lucas' approval for it but he approves everything if it could bring in money. I mean everybody thinks he is rich only because of Star Wars but it is because of asll the companies he created to make the Star Wars movies that now nearly every director uses on their own movies. So he gets to sit back and rake in the money. "but I digest"-Peter Griffin

Something tells me they may even make more Family Guy episodes based on the Star Wars Episodes due to how well just this one did. Alhough they may have to start thinking of other names since I found out they used "Blue Harvest" due to it being the fake name while filming one of the Star Wars movies.

No comments: